criminal compalint in magistrate court

How the magistrate can give the direction for registration of FIR if police failed to do so.

What the Law says under section 156(3)crpc.

156 crpc.for investigation the matter where the police not taken the action or register the FIR by court procedure.
(1) Any officer in charge of a police station may, without the order of a Magistrate, investigate any cognizable case which a court having jurisdiction over the local area within the limits of such station would have power to inquire into or try under the provisions of Chapter XIII.(2) No proceeding of a police officer in any such case shall at any stage be called in question on the ground that the case was one, which such officer was not empowered under this section to investigate.

(3) Any Magistrate empowered under section 190 may order such an investigation as above mentioned.